Thursday, September 15, 2016

PNW Pepper Profiles: Fish

I saw this pepper plant at the Master Gardener Plant Sale in May of 2016 and had to try it.  It was a rare plant to the PNW and I had never heard of it before.  I really enjoy growing new things so I picked one up.  


The plant is said to have a recessive gene for albinism and that is what causes the green and white striped leaves as well as the striped fruit. It is a gorgeous plant to look at, very ornamental and it does well in pots.  The suggested use is in seafood dishes and it can be up to 10 times hotter than a jalapeno. 



Read more about the history of this pepper here.




I have yet to try this unique pepper.

* Note:  With all peppers, plant outside when the weather is warm.  55 F in the evenings.  





No comments:

Post a Comment