1. Applying mulch to bare soil areas is one way of using water efficiently. __X__ T ____F
2. One advantage of gardening in raised beds is the soil is less likely to be compacted by walking on it. __X_T _____F
3. Increasing the organic matter in soil improves its water-holding capacity. _X_T _____F
4. Nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium are macronutrients. ___X__T _____F
5. Working garden soil when it is very wet harms soil structure. __X__T _____F
6. Before deciding how to control an insect pest, it is important to know its life cycle.
7. Low pH is an important factor in the growing of blueberries. __X__T _____F
8. The beer used to attract slugs to a death by drowning is considered a pesticide.
9. In a vegetable garden, it’s important to have trees nearby to provide shade during days of extreme heat. _____T __X_F.
10. Most soil nutrients needed for plant growth are available in a soil pH range of pH 6-7.